1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This is turning into a very surprising hiring cycle. At this rate Indiana is going to hire Dan Dakich.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is more of a journalism question, but I'll pose here anyway: Jon Rothstein and Jeff Goodman basically tied on breaking this story, posting within one minute of one another on Twitter. Rothstein's FanRagSports bio says he writes for that site and CBS. He posted on FanRag. I'm guessing both entities, if not owned by the same parent company, are OK with this. But this sort of thing does present an interesting dilemma or conflict-of-interest issue, doesn't it? For whom do you write breaking news?

3. tapintoamerica

Good for him. Excellent move. He doesn't have to wait anymore, and he doesn't have to succeed a legend. He can be the guy who succeeds the guy who succeeded the legend.
    I know the head-coach-designate thing is probably a fad for which the time has come and gone, but it makes sense for assistants to accept the designation. It gives them the profile of a mid-major head coach, and they never lose a game in the process.

4. tapintoamerica

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dave Loos finally retired after 299 years in Clarksville?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

#TomCreantoDrake

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God, NC will overturn HB2 just to force him to visit Greensboro for the 2020 ACC tournament.

Hermes and franticscribe like this.
  10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

One can only hope!

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It'd be worth it just for the first time Dakich and James Blackmon, Jr., had to meet face-to-face.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good friend of mine on the inside at K-State says that Underwood has a bunch of old Chicago ties, so this could have the potential of working out really well for the Illini.

Draft saved Draft deleted