1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I expect the New Jersey legislature to pass a resolution condemning the bill any day now.

2. Ulysses S. Grant

Ulysses S. Grant New Member

Duke is a New Jersey school.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Again, I had to watch a 2-seeded Pitt play 7-seeded Wisconsin in the second round at the Bradley Center in 2004. Add in the fact that Pitt doesn't travel worth a damn and it was essentially 17,000 in red and one section in dark blue. So you'll excuse me if I don't feel any sympathy for these pricks. And, considering a lot of North Carolinans think of Duke as a haven for northeastern rich kids, I don't expect much movement on HB2 as a result. Now, had Naw Carelinuh been bounced...

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What I am hearing is that the North Carolina homophobes probably put HB2 into play specifically to cost the Duke pansies a Sweet 16 berth.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, the rim is still ten feet high.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

KC, Louisville, Detroit, LA, those places get to host every few years. There was a time when the tournament was Greensboro, Raleigh, W-S or Charlotte on rotation every year. In some ways I say good for North Carolina for having so many viable arenas, but it's annoying.

Of course, I'm not complaining that Wichita built an arena and got in the rotation now. As a Kansas fan, I can live with KC or the Ta every couple years and some OKC/Omaha in between.

7. Big Circus

Related: Virginia Beach is finally getting its arena! For real this time, you guys!

"Game on": Virginia Beach accepts financing deal to build $220 million arena, Sessoms says

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I could handle an ACC Tournament at the beach.

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

John Feinstein the radio the other day said "I hate the pod system. It's only there to sell tickets."

Well, duh. But what's wrong with that? Would you prefer a half-empty arena? I went to the games in Indy this weekend with UK, Ville, Mich, Dayton, NKU and the atmosphere was incredible. Greenville was nuts, obviously. Of course some teams are going to be left out of pod home cooking (is it me or does Cincinnati always end up out west?), but does anyone really want it to go back to the old way? It's simpler when you're reading a bracket but nowhere near as fun.

12. Big Circus

What am I, a doctor?

Draft saved Draft deleted