1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes a PUBLIC high school is a fly by night AAU program. If it were a charter school or some really tiny private school that opened in the last five years you'd have a point. Sorry dude but you're talking out of your ass here. Do you have any idea how many schools were built in the San Bernardino/Riverside areas in the last 20 years?

BTW, I've covered shit at Chino Hills. It isn't a fly by night place.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Clearly the district decided to build the school in 2001 because it heard about 3-year-old Lonzo Ball.

Rhody31, sgreenwell, Songbird and 2 others like this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Fire whoever is dispensing starman's meds. They have been fucking up all this year.

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

How do you explain 2016?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A lot of it falls on the CIF and their quite-liberal transfer rules. Used to be an athlete would have to sit out a year when transfering without a family move. Now it's just a few weeks in some sections.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They had to determine whether they wanted to tie up all of their resources in lawyers fees. They probably made the right decision.

7. LongTimeListener

What does that have to do with the Ball family? They attended the school in their home district from the first day of their freshman year.

When you get down to it, this is like it used to be in the good old days.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with the Balls, just explains how so many high schools are becoming glorified AAU teams.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It depends. You move once you're out for a month. I believe a second time is a year. If a school can prove a move was athletically motivated, kid is automatically done for a year.

Basically kids (at least in central coast section) miss the nonleague schedule and are back for league. Had one kid who was a state caliber athlete miss his senior year because he switched schools after his coach was fired. Dipshit appealed claiming he moved for a single class (nevermind the school he switched to is one of the best in the state in his sport) but he couldn't get passed the fact there was a lot of publicity surrounding the coach's firing. His argument amounted to you may have found me with the stuff but it isn't mine trust me. The school he was moving to is still pissed off about it.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, the 71 corridor has been sprouting like a weed for a quarter century, since all those homes started paving over the cow farms that dominated the area for a century. The I.E. is bigger than a lot of TV markets in the country. The lure of cheaper housing keeps drawing many out there to this day.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If that's true, Alford -- or whoever the nominal coach is -- will be fired. Which is why Alford should be in touch with Washington if his alma mater isn't interested.

12. LongTimeListener

Why would Alford be fired for that?

Draft saved Draft deleted