1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's always jarring to me to read threads like this and be reminded just how many sports fans hate young athletes. Such a weird thing.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do people hate the athlete or the dad? The dad's a dick.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The good news is that LaVar doesn't make it all about him and just lets his sons have fun out there.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're fucked.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would think most hate the Dad. Chef on the other hand.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For me it's the dad. The kid didn't ask to get hung with his stupidity.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Lonzo seems like a great guy to play with on the court; I'd be the guy cringing on the way home in the car with my dad after the game thinking about what my teammate (Lonzo) was putting up with on his drive home with his dad. Just because the dad says something doesn't give it any substance; he's a clown and should be treated accordingly. (Of course I admit when Richard Williams talked about Venus and Serena in SI when they were still in Compton I was skeptical; however Mr. Ball makes Mr. Williams look presidential.)

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

The weird part to me is the wife/mother. The way he talked in that USAT story, he "chose" his wife based on breeding possibilities, and she's nowhere near LaVar as he chases the spotlight and microphones.

He seems to be part-Marv Marinovich, part-Dwight Schrute.

9. Neutral Corner

My guess is that first, the dad is costing the kid money and possible contracts. If I'm a manufacturer, there are a lot of potential players to sign. Why set myself up for the grief?

If I repped for a company who did sign him, I'd be putting in contract clauses regarding dad and his mouth. Run your yap and cost your kid big money.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He's sticking out his fucking tongue at the camera.
    [​IMG]
    You're a Division 1 college basketball player, and you're sticking out your fucking tongue at the camera.

Fuck em all.

11. Neutral Corner

Kids do stupid stuff. Mostly they learn to get over it. I did, mostly.

His father is who he is, and he isn't going to change. The question is whether the father has ruined his son for life.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He should burn in hell.

SnarkShark and Jake_Taylor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted