1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The O'Doyle's were unexpectedly taken out by a banana peel, so there's always hope that karma comes calling for these assholes.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Here's hoping for a blown Achilles, an ACL tear, and a compound fracture.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seven years. That's a venti with three shots of espresso, plus breakfast, at least.

But that's a good anecdote.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, my first thought was of the day my left one ballooned up to the size of a racquetball and had to be sawed off. Good times.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If only we could cost them scholarships.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Really now?

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh please. The next Ball is nothing but an overweight under-athletic no-defense gunner who did not even make Top 150 lists for this year's senior class. Dumb fans may be falling for gaudy stats put up in gimmicky run n gun HS circus system, but he is not highly regarded by actual scouts and basketball people.

Instead of a recruiting "lockdown", the next two Balls will likely end up giving Alford far more headaches than they're worth, especially with that dad.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Chef2 and LongTimeListener like this.
  8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I've seen no evidence that Lonzo is an asshole. Or whichever younger brother didn't cherry-pick his way to 90 points. (LiAngelo, I think.)

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, they seem like remarkably normal kids all things considered. But we will see what happens when money and fame become bigger factors. I also feel bad for the middle brother who clearly isn't the same kind of talent as the other two. I'm sure dad is going to handle well if he's simply a pretty good college player.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna barf.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I imagine that when the teams and especially the shoe and sports drink companies get access to Lonzo, they're going to do everything they can to cut the dad's influence. I could even see a Kobe situation with the family on the outs. Would be better for the kid without a doubt.

Draft saved Draft deleted