1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2016-17 College Rings Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 10, 2016.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

VaTech 73. Michigan 70. In Michigan. In basketball.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Ohio State is doubling up the Wahoos at JPJ. Looks like Austin Nichols left a bigger hole than we thought.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Ohio State is really like 50 points better than Iowa. One of those nights when UVA can't do anything right.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's not uncommon at all for SWAC teams. They rack up the body bag/paycheck games and might host a D-II or NAIA team or two before conference play begins.

Texas Southern is actually halfway decent right now. IIRC, they won at Michigan State last year.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

UVA came all the way back to win. It's like @Big Circus only stops by to complain any more.

6. Big Circus

I'm pretty sure you can dig up a three-year-old post with me calling for Tony Bennett's head. This isn't anything new.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Buzz is a magician.

8. Big Circus

He's got some talent there. Allen has really come into his own and Clarke is a special talent. LeDay has all-ACC potential. I expect them to make the tournament with room to spare.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The thing with Seth Allen is you just have to accept the good with the bad. He's talented. He's going to make some boneheaded plays, like the pushoff that rightfully got called an offensive foul last night. That's part of his game. He's a bit of a roller coaster.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised Indiana beat North Carolina at Assembly. I'm surprised they made it look so easy. They were ahead by double-digits most of the night.

Beat Kansas and UNC and lost to Fort Wayne. Go figure.

11. Big Circus

That's Marial Shayok for UVA. He gets his own shot better than anyone else on the team, which is why he's in at crunch time. But you never feel safe when he has the ball. Last night, he ended the game as such:

- Shot that put UVA ahead for good
    - Bad shot early in shot clock, miss
    - Stupid foul at the other end with a 4-point lead
    - Two missed free throws with 2-point lead
    - Lockdown defense without fouling on missed potential game-winner

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, in UNC's defense, no top rated teams seem to be able to win at IU in recent years. That was the fifth straight time a team ranked in the Top 3 has gone into Assembly Hall and left with an upset loss. Unfortunately for IU, NCAA tourney games are played away from home.

BTW, anyone notice Roy's comment tossing his own fans under the bus for not being like IU fans? Wonder how the wine and cheesers back in NC took that line.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted