1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making A Murderer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 30, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Don't let the lower-tier schooling fool you.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I just watched another documentary on Netflix called "The Fear of 13" about a man convicted of rape and murder who wrote and demanded an execution date after 20 years on death row. I think it will speak to everyone who was been posting on this thread, especially @old_tony . Highly recommended.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Old Tony won't watch but will be full of opinions about it.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

JC will watch and not understand a thing he sees.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

How about watching it and then we can discuss?

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

When I saw this thread pop back up, my first thought was "what did old_tony say now?"

Donny in his element and JC like this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Still haven't watched it, have you Clavin?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Avery's lawyer makes the world say hmmmm ...

And ...

She explained to ABC's "Good Morning America" that carbon tests will be able to show the age of the blood.

"We're going to take the mystery out of this case," Zellner said. "This new test has the ability to tell us how old the blood is. If the blood is from 1996, it was planted."

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

But, even if carbon dating proves the blood is from 1996, what are the odds that his verdict will be overturned. I don't know if that will be enough, because it seems like the blood was just a minor part of the prosecution's case (at least from what I remember watching the documentary).

10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

It could be evidence of a police frame job, calling into question much of the other evidence (the miraculously appearing keys and the mysteriously discovered Rav 4 in the junkyard, for example).

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This will be no fun without Old Tony.

Draft saved Draft deleted