1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6: Dirty Bird edition of the NFL Today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Good matchups this week ...
    Bengals have tough sledding for Tom Brady's Homecoming game.
    Chiefs/Raiders
    Falcons/Seahawks should be fun.
    Same with Cowboys/Packers
    Panthers/Saints
    Eagles/Redskins
    Ravens/Giants should be a good one.

I think after this week ... One NFL coach gets canned.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kaepernick starts in Buffalo.

Also I wish I could figure out what in the world the thread title means. Might need Sunshine back on point here.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's a Falcons reference.

Sunday at Lambeau will determine whether Dak Prescott and Zeke Elliott are the real deal or just a flash in the pan.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

One game in week 6 will decide the future of these two rookies?

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

But does it have anything to do with Week 6? Not that it matters, but didn't the Week # refer to a player who wore that #? Jamal Anderson was No. 32.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Solid week for NFC games. The shield needs a big week because so far, this season has been a joke.

7. That was the case. Not so this year:
    Week 2, from Mr. Sunshine was simply NFL Week 2.
    Week 3 thread from Songbird was Gunslinger edition courtesy of Jeff Perlman.
    Week 4: Was the Scott Zolak edition (I have no idea if he wore No. 4) as a nod to the Patriots backup.
    This week is simply a nod to the last time (IMO) the Falcons were considered a SB contender.

Matt Ryan, wth ... Hot and Cold QB? Or did he finally find something to resurrect his passing performances?

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Week 3 was Zolak. Somebody speculated it was because Zolak was a third stringer. Week 4 was gunslinger in honor of the dick pick texter.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It was because the Pats were going to be starting a QB from way down on their depth chart -- where Zolak once resided.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The 2016 weekly naming system is FUBAR.
    As someone who has Ryan on his fantasy team, I'd love to know the answer to this question. /obligatoryfantasyfootballreference.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ummm ... they were 13-3 and about two plays away from getting there four years ago.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They also started 5-0 last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted