1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanted: NFL reporters/editors

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by AJC SEC, Sep 7, 2016.

1. AJC SEC

AJC SEC Member

Cox Media Group launched an new NFL website called all22.com in August, and we're looking for full-time and part-time employees for the following positions:

Breaking News Writers

We need reporters who understand how to aggregate news, develop sources, and have the ability mix in the elements of opinion, analysis and humor.

Copy Editors
    We’re looking for experienced editors capable of developing feature content, coaching writers, and carrying out the company’s vision for our NFL product.

If you're interested, please do two things: Please email a copy of your resume and variety of 10 clips (features/enterprise, breaking news and multi-media) to SECBloggers@gmail.com. The official job posting is here: Search Jobs at Cox Companies

You can live remotely for most positions, and pay depends on experience.

2. cpete

cpete New Member

I applied for this and never heard anything.

3. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien New Member

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Not a word ...

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Should have found out who was in charge and sent them an e-mail. I'm not saying it would have done any good, but maybe someone could have flagged your resume. I don't know if Cox uses recruiters, but I've found recruiters completely worthless.

Potter likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Looking at the OP, and folks were asked to reply to a gmail address. Alarums.

7. Skeptical

Skeptical Member

Probably one of those freelance jobs where you have to wait and wait for peanuts in pay.

8. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

I've noticed some of the people working for these Cox-affiliated sites out of Atlanta list themselves as assistant sports editors for the AJC. If that were the case, the AJC would have the best staffing it's had since the 1980s.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Your pay will be piss, but you get a (bogus) title.

10. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Anyone know what they pay for any of these jobs? I see they have hired some editors you have heard of.

11. ejyankee

ejyankee New Member

I can't say for the NFL site, but I know the pay was $15-$20 an hr for editors on their SEC site. It's all contract work, paid once a month.

Draft saved Draft deleted