1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here are the most interesting games and lines for Week 4.

As always, all point spreads from Vegas Insider and all times Eastern:

Thursday

Clemson (-10) at Georgia Tech, 7:30 p.m., ESPN

Friday

USC (+1.5) at Utah, 9 p.m., Fox Sports 1

Saturday

Florida State (-6) at South Florida, noon, ABC

Georgia (+7.5) at Ole Miss, noon, ESPN

Wisconsin at Michigan State, noon, Big Ten Network (no line yet due to Corey Clement injury)

BYU (+6) vs. West Virginia (at Landover, Maryland), 3:30 p.m., ESPN2

Florida (+7.5) at Tennessee, 3:30 p.m., CBS

Penn State (+17) at Michigan, 3:30 p.m., ABC

Pittsburgh (+7) at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m., ESPNU

Colorado at Oregon, 5:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network (no line yet due to Sefo Liufau & Royce Freeman injuries)

LSU (-3) at Auburn, 6 p.m., ESPN

Oklahoma State (+10) at Baylor, 7:30 p.m., Fox

South Carolina (+2) at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m., SEC Network

Stanford (-2.5) at UCLA, 8 p.m., ABC

Arkansas (+6) vs. Texas A&M (at Arlington, Texas), 9 p.m., ESPN

Cal (+3.5) at Arizona State, 10 p.m., ESPN2

Washington at Arizona, 10:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network (no line yet due to Anu Solomon injury)

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A matchup between two top-10 teams is shown on the Big 10 network? Quite a good get for them.

For you late night football fans, several good Pac-12 games on tap, especially Stanford at UCLA. Tough stretch for the Cardinal; they're in Seattle next week.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Does anyone in their heart believe Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Georgia are among the 12 best teams in the country?

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

They must have changed the priorities for picking TV games. ABC is getting Michigan-Penn St., which is not 100% logical, but defensible, but the noon ESPN(2) game is ... Iowa at Rutgers? Woof.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

First thing I saw too. BTN must have been delighted to see this appear.
    Okie Lite @ Baylor- First team to 60. Fun drinking game.......shot for every TD scored. You'll be passed out by halftime.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No, but there's no point in stressing out about it either. Wisconsin in particular, they're one of the five best teams in the Big Ten and their first four conference games are against the other four. It will work itself out soon enough.

Georgia goes to Ole Miss this week, and if they get through that, 12-0 or 11-1 is a strong possibility. Even then, though, they have to survive the SEC championship game.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wouldn't BTN have some kind of contractural mechanism insuring it gets some top games each season?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

North Carolina by 17

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think most Georgia fans, myself included, would tell you that the Dawgs probably belonged where they dropped to after the Nicholls State debacle, and that the top 10 ranking after UNC was a gross overreaction. Around 15-17 sounds right to me at the moment. But a one-point win over Mizzou should not have pushed them that much higher.

Even if they pull a win out of Oxford, it will be against a team with two losses that has proven it can't hold a lead. I still wouldn't put them near the 10 spot with that win.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I bet after FSU and Bama, the Rebels are super thrilled to be facing another freshman qb.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

A&M, maybe. Wisconsin & Georgia, no.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I could have sworn there was some axiom in place that declared no team which has lost 11 games in a row to an opponent can be favored at all --- and certainly not by more than a touchdown --- unless there are some extremely odd circumstances (such as the team on the winning streak having half its players suspended, etc.).

Florida 17, Tennessee 9. Bet the under.

Draft saved Draft deleted