1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next on a very special Friday Night Lights

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 9, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A coach in suburban Montgomery offered to pay and/or sleep with a fellow teacher if she would help keep a player eligible.

Former Stanhope Elmore coach Jeff Foshee accused of offering money, sex to keep player eligible

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He's offering her? That's mighty generous of him. Dave Hon approves.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

She's no feminist ...

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    "In addition, if this young man is eligible for basketball season, I will consent to go down on you for seven, possibly eight consecutive minutes, depending on the state of my back, which sometimes tightens up on cold days. I will keep my shirt on if asked. Music playing during the act will be at your discretion, but asking me go spell the alphabet to completion is not a guarantee, per the language specified in this email. It's not like he's my quarterback or some shit."

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sounds like his opening offer was $500 and sex.

She did it for $300 and no sex.

So she paid $200 NOT to have his tongue. That should boost the ego.

7. three_bags_full

Stanhope.jpg

Hope he's got a wide tongue. She's the one on the left.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

His O Line can't be much bigger than that group.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. three_bags_full

And, according to her facebook profile, she's an Auburn fan. #WDE

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Whamma Bama Ding Dong. Roll Tide.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Foshee was in school at Alabama at the same time I was. Was a walk-on fullback on the football team, and later a GA.

Before this, he was most well-known for keeping Gene Stallings from beating up his own AD in the locker room after a loss to Mississippi State in 1996. AD Bob Bockrath came in with a couple of flunkies and made some wisecrack to Stallings that "boy, that loss cost us some bowl money." Foshee got between Stallings and Bockrath before it got really ugly. Stallings resigned/retired a couple of weeks later.

As the story notes, Foshee was then handed the head-coaching job at his high school alma mater, where his dad is a legend and his name is on the stadium. And now he's pissed all that away.

I imagine his old buddy Dabo Swinney will hire him as a third-string assistant getback coach before long, though. They were teammates and GAs together at Alabama.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So now this is two things in life he has royally screwed up.

Steak Snabler likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted