1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone 7 jacks off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Isn't there going to be an adapter that plugs into the lightning port that allows you to use old headphones? So they won't be worthless, but you'll have to pay to use them.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really like the new Apple Watch though.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They are including the lightening port adapter w/the phone.

They also have a chip in the phone that has wireless audio connectivity with the earpods that come with the phone.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Just like they did with iPhone 1, back in the day. Boy, did that decision to include a newly resized headphone jack really crush that product's sales.

Props for the thread title, BTW.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Water resistance and dual cameras have been in other phones for years.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Methinks Apple is about to come in for a rough landing. This is the first generation of iPhones that won't be subsidized by carriers thanks to 2-year contracts. People have been paying the cost in their monthly bills of course, but the upfront sticker shock could depress sales.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The carriers moved away from subsidizing phones to payment plans the past couple years and a lower rate plan. I'd prefer to just buy the thing outright, but at least with AT&T they find a way to make it more worth your while to go through with the payment plans. For example, if I bought outright and didn't do the financing, AT&T wouldn't keep my decent plan discount.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The AirPods will be available in late October for $159.

Thanks again, corporate overlords!

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm on T-Mobile and have the same set up. Paying $25/month for the phone, which isn't bad. I prefer to pay it off over time anyway. AT&T was charging me nearly $40/month for the iPhone 5, IIRC.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Indeed, great head.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That's what HE said.

murphyc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted