1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's Darwin Award nominee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, May 16, 2014.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/15/bulletproof-vest-killed-south-carolina-shot-friend/9123725/?AID=10709313&PID=6154686&SID=1k8nwi2suhhrf

I know this is someone's son, brother, friend, etc., but. ... Jeez.

18-year-old finds an old bullet proof vest in a garage. Puts it on and tells friend to "shoot me." She does, and the bullet goes through the edge of the vest and kills him. Hilarity doesn't ensue. She faces involuntary manslaughter charge.

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Has to be a future nominee

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Every knows you don't start with a handgun...you pull out the BB gun or air rifle first (like I did with my buddy's back brace in middle school).

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Didn't this kid know that getting shot while wearing a bulletproof vest often results in at least a broken rib or two? Best case scenario for this dude would have likely resulted in an emergency room visit.

Terrible that the guy died, but what a dope.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Maybe i watch too many crime shows but this story sounds fishy and that chick looks like the kind of cold hearted psycho that would kill someone for the thrill.

And more importantly -- she is nowhere close to a 6 and "no, I would not....."

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

And 10 killed in Chicago without bullet proof vests

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I realize the Muslim debate will never get settled, but can we have some kind of treaty on whether and when to bring back zombie threads?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He gotta go, me oh my oh.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Son of a gun
    we'll have big fun

Vombatus likes this.