1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next Comedy Central Roast: Rob Lowe ... and Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Aug 28, 2016.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Apparently Rob Lowe is the next designated target for the periodic Comedy Central Roast.

Taping happened Saturday, and someone had the great idea to have Ann Coulter as a roaster/secondary roastee. The results don't look pretty:

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast | Fox News

BTW, I got that link off Yahoo. I most certainly do not browse the Fox News website.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm sure Starman will be along with a few posts other board liberals won't recall seeing.

TINMHITTMAL

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, Ann's a big girl...or whatever she is. I'm sure she was prepared. Hopefully the contact high from a Dead and Company show got her through it.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

The rip by manning was funny.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The"Mexican who digs your grave" line was pretty funny.

6. FoxNews did a story. I'm sure they don't know how the CC Roasts work.

The roasters ROAST everyone. Lisa Lampanelli, Andy Dick, Carrot Top and Brigette Nielsen were all scorched on these roasts. And they were all roasters. I didn't think the Coulter stuff was any worse than anyone else. She's an easy target.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Didn't even realize she was still around.
    Her celebrity has declined from the level she enjoyed in the previous two elections.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hell, Trump was a roastee about three years ago. Pretty weak, though. Has "The Situation" been heard from since?
    Also, saw an article somewhere online about how the guest of honor can designate certain topics off limits. The only thing Trump declared off limits was any speculation that he might not be as rich as he claims - apparently, the sex/wives/hair stuff didn't bother him.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the Call Us Next Tuesday can't handle it, stay out of the kitchen, etc etc etc.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Did Nikki win the night?
    • Jewel is here. Or as I call her, Trailer Swift.” – Nikki Glaser
    • “Rob Lowe defies age … restrictions. You look like you are sculpted. You put the statue in statutory rape.” – Nikki Glaser
    • “I had such a crush on Rob as a little girl. If only I knew that’s when I would have had my best shot.” – Nikki Glaser

12. Man, those Rob Lowe sex scandal jokes are SO topical.
    Wonder if anyone worked in some Milli Vanilli material?

Draft saved Draft deleted