1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kaepernick sits out the anthem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Aug 27, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

And the NY Giants' Justin Pugh joins the conversation. I, for one, am pleased that athletes are standing up (or sitting down) for whatever it is they believe in. It adds to a healthy discussion.
    Giant rips ‘disrespectful’ Kaepernick: ‘I will be STANDING’ | New York Post

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's Kaepernick's right to sit if he wants, but it's gonna make it much harder to get that Nationwide agency in Carson City going after he's washed out of the league in a couple of years.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This would be an accurate reflection of my FB feed.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Those two gentlemen believe America sucks for very different reasons, so it's apples and oranges.

That said, I don't give a rat's ass if Colin Kaepernick stands or sits during the anthem. It's his right. But it's not his right to avoid the massive ripping he's already getting. Those criticizing him have their rights also. And if the Niners cut him, they have that right, which doesn't infringe on any of his rights.

Although, I suppose, if you're holding the clipboard and watching Blaine Gabbert start, you've got to do something to get attention.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This. Guess they got tired of beating up on Gabby Douglas?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If you're gonna piss off the barstool brigadiers, go full Smith/Carlos.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Douglas was also the only teammate not celebrating when Biles won the all-around as well. She's a sore loser who deserves a little criticism.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Bitching because Kaepernick didn't make the gesture you wanted? Why, that sounds like...political correctness!

cranberry likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The only people dumber than Kaepernick are the ones who think this stunt was his idea. Someone much smarter and more savvy figured out a way to simultaneously distract from the epic failure of losing his job to Blaine Fucking Gabbert while setting up an excuse when he and his career take their inevitable final nosedive into obscurity.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Right from the trump playbook. The system is rigged! (But only when I'm losing.) where the hell was kaepernick's big stands when he was doing well? It all seems so phony. He can do whatever he wants regarding the anthem bc that's his right as an American. But the only effect this is going to have into his pocketbook.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted