1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Dog Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jun 17, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not everyone understands the greatness of the dachshund. I grew up with them. Thanks to my allergies, the closest we get these days are my neighbor's two "little bugs," as my wife calls them.One is a miniature and the other is still a puppy, so they are both very small. My daughter dog sat for them a few weeks ago and I spent way too much time around the dogs. My allergies made me pay for it, but damn they are cute.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I had dog allergies, too, so before we got ours, I saw an allergist and cleared them right up. Might be worth looking into.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Not my dogs but sports related so what the hell. :cool:

Amy, dprince57 and BrownScribe like this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Our former dog (1990-2005) , an Aussie, and our current dog (2006-now) a lab/Aussie mix.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's a big stick.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Had the discussion with the allergist. Said it would take months, still might not work and did not recommend it for someone with asthma as well. I do have a new allergy doctor and may revisit the discussion with her.

JackReacher likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Any reason why you kept the tail on the Aussie? (Beauty BTW, love the blue merle aussies, I had two)

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He had his tail when we got him at three months, and since he wasn't going to be herding anything we never considered having it removed.

And yes Moddy, the lab/Aussie mix loves to pick up sticks, no matter the size.

9. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

August 26 is National Dog Day. One day? (photo of Gadget at around 12 week)
    [​IMG]

JakeandElwood, Vombatus and HC like this.
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Grew up with dachshunds and love em but haven't had one in years. My sister has had several too. Great pups.

Love me some Crusoe. Actually need to check in for updates on his recovery from back surgery. Been out of the FB loop recently.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ella got a bully stick for National Dog Day. Stinks like all hell but she's worth it. My gosh I love this dog

[​IMG]

JakeandElwood likes this.
  12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Had to share this with the dog folks.

Amy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted