1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisiana is drowning

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 13, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Remember when I disputed the assertion that despite your ridiculous performance on the politics thread, you are fine everywhere else? This is an example of what I was talking about. You don't leave it there.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

Thank you for reminding me that tony could be worse.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Man I hope Obama announces his visit soon or this will really start to look bad ... Oh wait...

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Never quite bought into the President-has-to-go-there bit ... What the fuck's he (or she) gonna do other than get in the way?

When Hugo hit South Carolina, my closest friend had just started working for the state wildlife department. So, like pretty much anybody with a pulse, he was put on emergency clean-up duty. For him this meant slinging a chain saw for several days. Trouble was, there was no running water at his apartment, so he was doing all of this heavy manual labor without benefit of a shower. Finally, he couldn't stand it anymore, so he headed out to one of the big lakes in the area to take a bath. Sure enough, just about the time he was lathering up, here came multiple government helicopters on a low pass over the area. He was tempted to moon 'em, but seeing as how he was new to this job he thought better of it.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Convenient that his vacation ends tomorrow, and all of a sudden it's the perfect time to visit.

It's pretty clear that nothing was going to make him interrupt his vacation.

And, the Dem governor gave him cover, saying he'd asked the President to stay away for now.

But, as the newspaper editorials pile up, and with Trump having visited, Obama has now been shamed into visiting -- as soon as his vacation ends.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Even Dinesh D'Souza wouldn't let you near his college if he still was in charge of one.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When is Trump going to visit the wildfire-damaged areas in the west?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's still disingenuous to post the "man I hope he vists" tweet after he already announced he will travel to Louisiana.

And except for squelching a narrative! from certain people, what is he supposed to do by cancelling his vacation? He's not going to visit until it is A) physically safe for him to do so and B) when his visit won't disrupt rescue efforts.

12. outofplace

As always, everybody who says anything that doesn't fit YF's favored narrative is lying.:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted