1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madison Square Garden And Yankee Stadium...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daytonadan1983, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sadly the Delta Grill is closed.....

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah. It was one of my go-to places. We had an SJ brunch with live music there a few years ago during which the late great Craig Schmidt made a few song requests.

Reacher and I enjoyed a multi-Lagunitas lunch there more recently.

A piping hot bowl of their red beans and rice was perfect on a chilly day.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Huggy likes this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Was really looking forward to a visit when we were there last month....Hibernia at 9th and 50th is a good, out of the way, hole in the wall place to drink and the food is damn good too

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If the weather is good, the High Line is spectacular.

cranberry likes this.
  5. cranberry

Been to Hibernia many times. I spend a lot of time in Hell's Kitchen.

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Yankee Stadium would be a waste of time in November. For that matter a waste of time in August. No history ... nothing. It's a mall that happens to have a baseball field. So much more to see in NYC on a November Day. You want baseball history go to Foley's Pub in Midtown. Named after baseball writer and long time official Yankee scorekeeper Red Foley.
    FOLEY'S NY PUB & RESTAURANT

Go to Chinatown/ Little Italy, Find John Gotti old haunt The Raven Social Club
    Now an upscale shoe store. Try buying a knock off Rolex on Canal St. Go to the
    9/11 museum. Sit in bleachers in Times Square and people watch.
    Bleachers? - Review of Times Square, New York City, NY - TripAdvisor
    Go to Trump Tower and buy a Taco Salad.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wait, Delta Grill closed? When?

8. cranberry

Several months ago apparently. I found out by walking over for lunch 5-6 weeks ago. Sad.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well shit.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

In November, there's a decent chance the weather will be dreary and/or in the 40s.

I would do the American Museum of Natural History on the day of 11/10... and I'd catch a show on the evening of 11/10.

A Knicks game at MSG is the best !

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Ex said the kids are into art, but nothing about dive bars. Not sure exactly how he's raising them though.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Nothing bores me more than live theatre. Of course, that means I have a son in show choir and a daughter who performs....

I've reached a compromise to do the Broadway Tour instead to put that off the checklist.

Dive bars? I'll still take some suggestions names for next time I go.

The trip is kind of coming together. Planning on a Circle Line cruise instead of the SoL ferry.

I'm not going to ask like I'm some expert on NYC. Went there three times in 2000 to appear on a game show. Had NO money then and maxed out all my cards. Stayed in the Mark David Chapman Memorial YMCA for $72 a night.

Yet I loved every minute of the three trips.

Draft saved Draft deleted