1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madison Square Garden And Yankee Stadium...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daytonadan1983, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Intrepid is fine, but if you think this will be a rare trip to NYC, there are a great many other attractions that cannot be duplicated elsewhere. If you're into history, check out the Big Onion tours. We're going on one this weekend (Hamilton tickets for Friday!), a walking tour of Revolutionary War New York.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You could observe the time-honored SJ tradition of buying me and Moddy a beer when you're in midtown.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    exmediahack likes this.
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Tradition? My ass. It is a requirement.
    The beer will cost you but the tips and NYC guidance will be free and worth way more than the cost. As will the company of the best best guys in NYC.

Unless I'm missing something, there's nothing around Yankee Stadium that makes it worth seeing if the Yankees aren't playing. Great dive across the street but not worth a trip just for that.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Alright you two. Next time I am in town, both of you are on.

Visiting Yankee Stadium? Bah, just look at it from Google Earth and Street View.

cranberry likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Agree with those saying go to the Interpid. There, Empire State Building, 9/11 museum. New Yankee Stadium sucks compared to the old one. Arthur Ave is great, but nothing really there other than restaurants and delis.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Is the new World Trade totally completed? Does it have an observation deck?

7. cjericho

Not sure but the memorial and museum have been open.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Chiming in.

Family trip to NYC last weekend of Sep. Already bought the tickets, bought the three day NYC pass.

Doing one day downtown/Wall Street/Chinatown/LI, one day Midtown, one day Central Park and up. I haven't been there since 2000. Teenage kids are super excited.

Welcome any food recs for pizza and, especially, Greek food or Indian food.

If you had one or two of the major museums to go to, what would it be? Fortunate in that we have curious kids who are into art.

Thanks!

9. cjericho

If you have to pick one probably Museum of Natural History since it's on Centr Park West you can go there and then Cent Park.

exmediahack likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Take a walk along the High Line and visit the new Whitney Museum. If you're looking for a dive bar, Rudy's (9th Ave., between 44th and 45th) is always a good bet.

Huggy and exmediahack like this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yankee Stadium will be quiet in November.

Come to think of it, it'll be quiet in October too. :)

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Was in Rudy's for a beer and a hot dog last month......felt like home.....

cranberry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted