1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I'm upset about him committing ADULTERY on the clock. But you probably think a little blowie outside the vows is fine.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I could care less what other people do in their own relationships. It doesn't affect me at all. The ADULTERY problem is between Bill and Hill.

I have some other news for you. I'm sure, at some point in life, you've had to deal with people who have committed ADULTERY. Maybe one of your doctors, or a lawyer, your pharmacist, or your local waiter or waitress. It didn't affect their ability to do their job, did it?

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wow. And I think you're serious.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am serious.

Why do you give a shit that a guy you never met and doesn't know you even exist cheated on his wife?

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A lot of people who used to be able to afford it no longer can because it's driven prices waaaaaay up -- exactly the opposite of what it promised.

BTExpress likes this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Moddy kind of reminds me of when George Costanza was so sure "Jerk Store" was a great line.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ch-ch-changes

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

We still have Pierson, right?

Lugnuts likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Because it became public and he lied to try to cover it up.

Now I understand that isn't everybody's reason. For some, the adultery is a real issue. I certainly think it was wrong, but it wasn't my main issue with what Bill Clinton did at that time. For many others, it was a chance to take down the president. That he was dumb enough to cheat on his wife under those circumstances is a concern, but for others it is just a hatred of Clinton himself or his party.

But the real reason it became an issue is he lied. People would still criticize, but it was the attempt to cover it up that made his presidency vulnerable.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Suppose a professor violated one of those prohibitions and was dismissed. Further suppose that this professor sued, claiming he'd been unjustly terminated. Finally, let's suppose that during the proceedings (either discovery or at trial), this professor lied about previous shenanigans.

I suppose you think bringing him up on perjury charges would be wrong ...

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it actually was funny. For about five minutes, it was funny. Now? It is already turning into more of that lovely SJ.com piling-on childishness.

This is not to say that you haven't brought it on yourself, just as I have brought similar bullshit on myself on other occasions. It is just the price of doing business here, if you take my meaning.

HanSenSE and Vombatus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.