1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Renewing this is a good idea for EMCC and Head Ball Coach Jim Bob... and bad for everyone else.

For 2016, some players will choose to be f-bomb droppers, others will choose to be upstanding citizens. They will ALL play to the camera.

Although, if Season 2 was only about Brittany finding a new man in a town of 700 people, we would all win.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Brittany and I have one friend in common on the Facebook, so I could probably wrangle an introduction.

I'm not sure if my wife would be cool with that, however.

Big Circus and JackReacher like this.
  3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

God, I hope they're playing to the camera this season and not focusing on football. The sooner these turds go away the better it will be for all of us in the Mississippi juco system.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'd rather see something following these kids whereever they went next than watch another season set in Scooba.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

D. J. Law signed with UAB. It's still up in the air whether he's gotten his academics to the point that he'll qualify. Word is that they intend to film him here if he does.

As a local poster put it, "That's exciting, and also terrifying."

UAB won't play again till 2017, so if he does qualify he'll have a year to hit the books and get his academics in order. Bill Clark will get the kid all the help he needs - if he'll put in the effort. If not, he'll be gone.

Clark is an anomaly in football coaching. I have never heard the man curse. Not once.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Any NAIA or small Bible schools that serve as a Last Chance U?

7. Jake_Taylor

Oklahoma State seemed like at least Second or Third Choice U for a while.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Jake_Taylor

After the first game in the doc it seemed like the extent of Buddy Stephens coaching ability was to tell the guys they "played like fuck" and needed to "get the shit."

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My high school coach's strongest expletive was "God Bless America!"

He would actually throw you out of practice if he heard you curse.

But yeah, that's rare.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe they could follow Rutgers for a season and call it No Chance U.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Yeah, not sure how much coaching he actually did/does. Could be editing to just show all the asshole about him, but it didn't seem like he did much more than yell, cuss and stomp around.

His assistants on the other hand seemed pretty good and caring. Again, could have been the editing, but he was the dick and they actually were the ones who got something out of the players.

Draft saved Draft deleted