1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best food, taco edition: beef or chicken

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mrs. Chef just made homemade chicken tacos, light asian slaw with cheddar cheese, sour cream, spicy taco sauce and lime wedges.

I love me some tacos: Does rest of SJ prefer chicken or beef?

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I love a good steak, but otherwise, anything but beef. Chicken, pork...

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Fish tacos.

Neutral Corner, Ace and cranberry like this.
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yessir

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tacos.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Beef, but it must be done right. Short story, long, since I belong to the Army's Medical Department, I spend a bit of time on duty in San Antonio (Ft. Sam Houston), and I'm on a mission to find the best taco in town. While I'm there, I eat tacos at a different spot at least once a day. I've had some good ones and some horrible ones, but one thing remains constant: the great ones are generally beef.

The clubhouse leader is a little place called Carmelita's on Broadway, right outside Ft. Sam. Awesome breakfast tacos for like 99 cents. Most of the time, I'm the only guy in the place who speaks English (as a first language, I guess).

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yep.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

In the Aquatic Division, I would vote shrimp ahead of fish, although Beto's in San Antonio makes a mean fish taco.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It really depends on how the meat is prepared. Straight, thin carne asada with a good maranade with onions, lemon, cilantro and hot sauce is magical. If you're giving me cubed steak I'd rather citrus chicken or otherwise grilled is good.

If I'm on the ocean or if the place is known for them, I'll go with fish tacos.

At home, I cook up half an onion then add a few shots of tequilla and light it. Let the flame die and add ground turkey. Once turkey is browned add enough jar salsa to coat and let simmer. It's not fancy but it's easy.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Soft chicken taco from Del Taco

Draft saved Draft deleted