1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sausage Party

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm not normally into any kind of animation movies (except for South Park and Beavis and Butthead).......but this looks freaking hysterical.

2. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

i saw it last night. i laughed.

have never eaten lavash before, and after this movie, i can tell you i am not about to start.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's just unleavened bread.

Of course, I haven't seen the movie, but it's really just a middle eastern/armenian tortilla.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Armenian cracker bread. Had it a lot when I was a kid. Full service food holder, great with cheese or peanut butter or just plain butter or any kind of deli meat. Dampen it and cover in a dish towel for 5 minutes and it gets soft. Great stuff.

5. clintrichardson

i am sure lavash is a perfectly fine food. but a piece of lavash is one of the major supporting characters in the movie and, let's just say, things happen. if I had a pre-existing association with lavash I suspect I would be fine. but for something I am supposed to put in my mouth, this movie is a tough way to make a first impression.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I've heard from a few people that it's an absolute riot from start to finish.

Also, at a theater out here, the preview showed ahead of "Finding Dory" a few months ago. So that was excellent.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So do I

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Someone needs to get the Lavash Producers Association involved, then. This is hurting lavash brands across the country.
    Lulu lavash sales are plummeting at U.S. Armenian restaurants!

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Must be a Turkish plot.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My 22-year-old son saw it and said it was funny but "over-the-top."

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Was showing at a tri-screen drive-in here along with "Finding Dory." Please tell me they were the same screen.

12. clintrichardson

if i could ask rogen one question about this movie, it would be: why did you cast edward norton as the bagel?

the bagel speaks in high, whiny neurotic voice that is an obvious imitation of woody allen

Draft saved Draft deleted