1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Great story. I still have that issue in a box somewhere.

The whole story came about because Deford found a copy of the Clarion-Ledger on an airplane and there was a Rick Cleveland column about Sullivan. Someone from a previous flight had left it on the plane.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

One of the series recaps online I read referred to the guy as a "game administrator" when that incident came up. Don't remember what website it was.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Bull got a statue four years ago ...

[​IMG]

Bull Sullivan honored with bronze statue - Kemper County Messenger

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Thanks to this thread, I started watching Last Chance U last night. Fascinating stuff.

Now I need to stop reading this thread so I won't come across any spoilers.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

As I recall from the show, he was getting offers from smaller schools but didn't consider them. He was content to just be a student at MSU and leave his football career behind if he didn't get a walk-on offer from the Bulldogs.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they were talking about D-II offers and I think he was originally committed to Jacksonville State out of high school. He said he wanted to play D-I or hang it up and I was just surprised he wasn't getting any offers from Sun Belt teams or any of the FCS schools.

8. Steak Snabler

9. Steak Snabler

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

So sad. It's a great series. But there's a bunch of classic films on Netflix - Billy Wilder, Hitchcock, et al - but I'll be watching this before I ever get around to those.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

• What can they get from another season? Seemed like they got a great story that revealed all the important aspects of the program.

12. Steak Snabler

I tend to agree with this. Also, the players and coaches will have seen the previous season and will almost certainly be playing to the cameras.

Draft saved Draft deleted