1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No freaking way.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I thought I had seen all of the unintentional comedy on broadcast tv when it comes to curse words..........until last night.........

FX played The Wolf of Wall Street.

You absolutely cannot show a movie like that on broadcast tv. It set the record for the number of times the word "fuck" is used in a movie.

Movies like that, Goodfellas and Full Metal Jacket should never be shown on regular television.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The greatest line in the history of replacement dialogue for TV broadcast.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I had never heard that, but looking it up, wow.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

See Lebowski, Big.

6. LongTimeListener

I know the movie. I hadn't heard of the editing move.

Best one I remember is "mickey fickey" on Do The Right Thing.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yippee Ki-yay, Mr. Falcon.

KYSportsWriter and SpeedTchr like this.
  8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Last night, Tyler Skaggs returned to pitch for the Angels after a two-year recovery from TJ surgery. His parents were in the stands after flying in from Santa Monica to KC. They sent the TV guy to interview the mom during the game. He asked her when they arrived and what they did that afternoon. Mom says, "We got in around 2:30 and went to his hotel room. We just sat around and shot the shit." Live TV.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yoooouuuuuu cannot say filth flarn filth flarn filth in front of people!

[​IMG]

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

"I Have Had It With These Monkey-Fightin’ Snakes On This Monday-To-Friday Plane."

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

No, cable TV networks should stop stupid censoring like that. Just bleep it... or don't censor at all.

12. LongTimeListener

As a side note (or potentially a separate thread) ... the two movies that I have seen that changed the most from original to cable are The Bad News Bears and Grease. I know I'm not the only parent who sat down with the kids for some good family baseball fun and soon heard Tanner Boyle talking about the "Jews, spics and niggers." Ditto with Rizzo thinking she was about to be part of a gang-bang.

Draft saved Draft deleted