1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not a white person holding one of them. You're assuming they actually acknowledge the existence of people of color.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I wonder if you might address two things: 1) How an alum of the Rutgers law school wound up holding an endowed professorship at Harvard Law; and 2) how someone with a not-outlandish annual salary managed to parlay that into a net worth in excess of $10 million.

One of the systems might indeed be rigged as you say. But there are a lot of systems, and some of them are rigged in ways you're conveniently overlooking.

YankeeFan and RickStain like this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The primary reason that she is a "horrible candidate" is that she has been attacked by your side (mostly on ginned-up charges or wishes) for 30 years. People start believing all that crap.

Granted, she is not perfect. But she is an exceptionally knowledgeable and experienced Democratic candidate for president.

HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dick Whitman ... from 47-percenter to one-percenter seeking tax relief in 20 short years ...

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Be corrupt long enough, you should be pretty good at it.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

But her being attacked was not new. If she loses to Trump, then it was a spectacular failure by Democrats to not spend the last eight years grooming other candidates.

If she wins, no problem. Because winners win.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And Donald Trump is not corrupt because he hasn't held office, I guess.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Of course the Dems didn't groom other candidates. They didn't want to end up like Vince Foster. ;)

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

People make the jump to the CHYMPS all the time, right, after getting their Ph.D.s at Iowa or Minnesota.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"You lefties ... " LOLZ.

I want the GOP to hold true to its conservatism. I want it to be a Party of Ideas led by serious people.

If that makes me a lefty, then WTF is Trump!?!

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How about a few smart real estate investment? How about not buying things and saving? My dad was a union worker for 40 years who served and used his GI bill on trade school. Instead of drinking or smoking or even going out to dinner or buying a latte, he took his lunch pail to work, drove the same car for 20+ years, and every so often he and my mom would buy a rental; not a new refrigerator, not a fancy vacation (or any). Well after 30 years they had a portfolio nearing what you describe. So under your analysis, you'd say something is shaky because how could a 10th grade educated person amass that?

A Rutgers grad ending up at Harvard? Not that big a deal. Is that the norm? No. But I'm not so arrogant as to think that just because I went to a higher ranked school than another that I'm better/smarter than everyone else at a lower ranked school. You're just picking at possibilities and making idle speculation and erring on the side of what you think the answer should be. To me that's wrong. I'll give her (and everyone else) the benefit of the doubt unless I know the answer.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, you'd see the place becoming a cancer cluster. There was one in a neighborhood in the city I grew up caused my groundwater contamination of a local well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.