1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Things ACC

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Patrick O'Brien, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien New Member

Newly Updated website for coverage of all programs in the ACC. We peovide football, basketball, and recruiting updates for each program and every school, including Notre Dame had their own webpage that can be yours to post on.

Check it out at www.allthingsacc.com...we have in contacts with Campus Insiders, The ACC, and several other sites that support the conference.

We are looking for anyone that may be interested in writing for the site and posting their own ideas, while also helping establish yourself on a site and company.

If interested, please email us at www.allthingsacc1@gmail.com

2. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

OK, I'll ask it: Does this job provide a full-time salary, or is it freelance work?

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'd assume "establish yourself" answers that question.

TexasVet likes this.
  4. LesJ9488

LesJ9488 Member

I'd venture to say "neither."

5. NCWriter

NCWriter New Member

It's your typical "Work in exchange for exposure to our expansive audience of 55 people" scam. Everyone wants top-flight writing but nobody wants to pay for it.

Suggswriter likes this.
  6. LesJ9488

LesJ9488 Member

Essentially, but I will add this. It's a start-up website by a super-nice guy.

That being said, the ads for this don't even remotely belong in the jobs board, and it's a HUUUUGGGGEE stretch to even call it freelance. When I work freelance, I expect payment.

7. Patrick O'Brien

Thank you for the nice words Les.

We are a start-up site that has big dreams. What we would really like is to be an avenue for young writers (students) that want to give themselves a chance to have a place where they can work on their writing, develop tools, and show off their work.

I understand why people think it may be a "Scam" and that is perfectly fine with whatever you think. I have big plans for this site and hopefully one day it will become what I vision.

Again, if you are interested, please feel free to shoot us an email and we would be happy to talk. Right now though, I don't have the money to pay people but it is an avenue for people that might want an opportunity. For all sports writers out there, everyone knows how hard it is to get a chance to show your talents. I want to provide that because I've been in the same position.

Thank you all for your concerns and I'd be glad to answer any questions.

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Suggswriter likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The thing is, if I'm a kid who just wants a place to post my work for free, work on my writing and have links to send out to people, I could spend an afternoon building my own website for that purpose. And then if it does become something, well then it's mine.

People have to realize there are places out there that have capital backers and will actually pay you. Even if it's only $15 bucks a piece, it's something. Don't write for somebody else for free.

Suggswriter likes this.
  10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Do either your plans or your vision include spelling the word "provide" correctly in job postings?

HanSenSE and Suggswriter like this.
  11. Patrick O'Brien

Hope everyone has a great weekend! If anyone that actually has questions, please feel free to email me at allthingsacc1@gmail.com. I'd be glad to help out.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Patrick, try Craigslist, since you seem dumb for this site. That's saying a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.