1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 cops killed, more injured during protests against police in Dallas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

DMN: Carlos Harris, who lives downtown, told the newspaper that
    the shooters "were strategic. It was tap tap pause. Tap tap pause."

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Open carry state, FWIW.

These last couple days have just been sickening.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

America is a powder keg, on the verge of exploding. This is really bad.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's like the 1960s all over again.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

We could use some leadership. But we're not gonna get it. Just more lectures, rants and lies.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Why did I suddenly get a vision of JFK in his motorcade in my head upon seeing this?

Double Down is right. Unfortunately.

Yeah, let's "protest" shootings by policemen by...more shooting...policemen.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This ends any chance the BLM movement had at gaining anything resembling widespread legitimacy. And protests in the near future are almost certain to get ugly.

10. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

It could be a Manson-like attempt to start Helter Skelter. It could be people who think the BLM movement isn't militant enough. It could be terrorists wanting to kill people for maximum carnage who had no connection to either side. The reaction to this will largely be based on that.

I'm a Dallas native, and it's a really hard thing to wrap my head around it happening in my city. The only thing I hope it results in right now is proving this dumb idea that open carry somehow makes things safer is idiocy.

(Oh, and the person pictured above actually isn't a suspect - he was videotaped, with his weapon, standing on the street during the shootings. He turned the weapon over to officers immediately in the aftermath, but I'm guessing the communication from those didn't make it up the chain of command in the chaos. He's turned himself in as a protective measure, but it's pretty clear he wasn't involved.)

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But Bengzahi! Tranny restrooms! Emails! Star of David! You know, important stuff! [/bluefont]

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Clevelanders have been worried this type of bullshit will happen during the GOP Convention. Don't even need that to attract craziness.

Draft saved Draft deleted