1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gretchen Carlson suing Roger Ailes for sexual harassment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or journalism board.

I just heard that Gretchen Carlson was fired by Fox News. ... and is filing a sexual harassment suit against Roger Ailes alleging she was canned because she wouldn't sleep with him.

BREAKING: Ex-Fox News Anchor Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Roger Ailes

Roger Ailes has always had this aura of being able to make and break people, which is why I'd guess not a lot of dirty laundry involving him becomes public (because I'd also have assumed he isn't exactly a choirboy in all of his dealings). There has to be a helluva story here, right?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

@Starman will be posting from the bathroom all day.

LongTimeListener and JC like this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The firing and the lawsuit are happening on the same day? Now that's unusual.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just saw something saying she abruptly disappeared from the air on June 23.

Not that it has anything to do with anything. But she is married to baseball agent Casey Close.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

In 2014, Gabriel Sherman, an unauthorized biographer of Ailes, revealed the Chairman’s reputation for sordid sexual behavior. As the New York Times wrote on January 7, 2014 about the book The Loudest Voice In The Room:

“In one anecdote, a television producer, Randi Harrison, told Mr. Sherman that while negotiating her salary with Mr. Ailes at NBC in the 1980s, he offered her an additional $100 each week ‘if you agree to have sex with me whenever I want.'”

A Fox News spokesperson at the time refuted the claims, saying, “These charges are false.”

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Putting my TV hat on here...

I wonder if Carlson was in process of aging out and being replaced with younger and possibly hotter. That's a major trend at FNC.

Perhaps she held onto negative information for the day that she was canned.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Can't imagine this sexy stud isn't pulling all the sweet young stuff he can handle.

[​IMG]

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

New Rule: If you're going to make fun of someone's looks, you have to post a picture of yourself first.

Can't wait to see what @Starman looks like.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He was better looking than Brad Pitt by the time he was 10.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Neither can I.

Not saying Ailes may be guilty of this, but the idea a rich and powerful man can't find a young(er), hot(ter) starlet to bang until his heart's content is preposterous. See Sumner Redstone, Salmon Rushdie, the guy banging Courtney Stodden and this ^^^ guy ^^^. Ailes, is probably in the same boat. Only with FoxNews penchant for hiring large breasted blondes, he's probably elbow deep in casting couch offers to break into the big leagues.
    I suspect ExMediaHack's explanation is much closer to the truth.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought Ailes was married? Not that it would stop him ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.