1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin vs. RJ Bell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bell retaliates
    R.J. Bell and Pregame.com threaten Deadspin with Hulk Hogan's lawyer

I consume the pregame.com podcast (of their espn Las Vegas radio show) and the David Malinsky forum on their site. I definitely don't get a feel for that shucksterism that Deadspin writes about. I felt a disconnect with the story when I read it last week.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

For instance, Fezzik aggressively sold his WNBA expertise last season, but by mid-August his record had turned negative and his picks dried up.

This makes me worry about the world.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think we've talked about this on other gambling threads, but betting oddball things like low-level college basketball and the WNBA is a good way to make money. The lines are generally guesses since the action on the games are so low, so if you invest the time to be knowledgeable about it you can find some good value bets.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The story was overwritten, but this is one of the oldest scams in the book. If you put any stock in these expert picks, you're a sucker.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Only got halfway through but it seems like a pretty good piece. And this is coming from someone who has been ... a lot ... of money on sports over the years.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

'Overwritten' is an understatement.

Draft saved Draft deleted