1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your homepage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 5, 2016.

1. It was/has been Yahoo. Probably since I first logged onto the Internet, Yahoo was my go to for news.
    Now ...
    It's fucking garbage. Ads, old stories, click bait - not even good click bait - and other assorted crap.

Long story short, I need a new homepage to provide me with news from all over the place; top stories, trending and oddities.

What do you use?

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Google News is good.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Our unit intranet page is my homepage, and I can't change it, but Google News is my first click.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Used to be CompuServe, then Excite, then Yahoo for a bit, and now Google for the last 10-12 years.

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Firefox start page, Chrome start page, and recently I've used Microsoft Edge a little, which takes me to its own start page. Haven't had a site set up as my homepage on a personal computer in at least five years. I start the browser and then go where I want to go. I guess the closest thing I have to an old Yahoo start page (which I did use a decade ago) is Cortana, which shows me current weather and news (among other stuff).

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tubegalore

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hell, who needs a start page? I have 52 Firefox tabs open at the moment.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Mine has been the National Weather Service regional forecast page for as long as I've been on a computer.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Google search

Draft saved Draft deleted