1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment rights exercised in Sarasota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Owning a gun is a Second Amendment right. Killing someone with a gun is not.

3. Dick Whitman

Thx.

4. TheSportsPredictor

You're welcome.

You should start a thread with this same headline about a person who owns a gun. Not a person who shoots another. It's disingenuous. Of course, that's your thing, being a lawyer and all.

cjericho and Dick Whitman like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Oh, burn.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What if the kid had been killed in a car accident on the way to the shooting range. Would we have had the same thread (and title)?

8. TheSportsPredictor

Well, no, because then the guy would have actually been exercising his Second Amendment rights.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Will Dickie's Second Amendment rights threads exceed his Hall Of Fame threads?

10. Dick Whitman

I like when you guys call me "Dickie" as if that's my real name and it's going to hurt my feelings.

Lots of sick burns on this thread.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Sorry Richard.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If this guy had been distracted and rear-ended someone on the highway and killed that person, he could have been charged with a crime and/or forced to pay a civil settlement.

But we see people every day mishandling firearms or shooting someone who seemed threatening and no charges! Sorry. Don't see the reverance for firearms misuse.

Draft saved Draft deleted