1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin files: Jack Jouett Ride or Tits from Tat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

image.jpeg From my neck of the woods. Science teacher with stints at various area high schools and middle schools. Also a soccer coach.

Ex-ACPS teacher accused of sexual activity with an underage student

Perhaps Big Circus or Cosmo may know, wife of former UVa player and Liberty assistant Solomon Tat?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

From a quick perusal of Facebook, yeah, that's his wife.

That sucks. Solomon was a nice dude. One of the all-time mind-boggling recruiting decisions in ACC history - the dude had the body of a Greek god, but couldn't dribble without looking at the ball when he got to UVA - but a nice dude.

3. Jake_Taylor

Yeah, always heard good things about him. I figured there couldn't be too many Tats around Charlottesville and Lynchburg.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The linked story is seriously lacking in sordid details. When is the Daily Mail version available?

Big Circus and Vombatus like this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Unfortunately all the local outlets are running the same press release. We need some solid reporting.

old_tony likes this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

At least let's get some video of some TV talking head knocking at the door while the people inside refuse to answer. That's one of my favorite tings about TV news.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh man, this is in MY neck of the woods.

In fact, this part is funny as hell to me: "three felony counts of carnal knowledge of a minor — two counts in Albemarle, one in Lynchburg".

First, holy cow, CARNAL KNOWLEDGE. There is something I have always loved about those two words. I was forced to go to church too much as a kid, and, well, carnal knowledge always sounded GOOD to me. Yeah, give me some of that.

But second - LYNCHBURG. That is JERRY FALWELL land. No wonder she was charged with a crime of biblical proportions of carnal knowledge.

Third. Nelson. Team names there are the Governors. What a shitty team name. Never had a mascot to my knowledge.

Fourth, The Daily Progress. LOL. Yeah, that's some in depth reporting for you. We always called it The Daily Regress.

sgreenwell and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Jake_Taylor

Hey now, some of us have worked there! :)

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

And if nothing else we can get a revolutionary era history lesson out of this. The middle school she worked at was Jack Jouett, named after the "Paul Revere of the South" who woke up on the lawn of a tavern in the middle of the night and saw the Brittish Calvary heading toward Charlottesville. He rode ahead and warned Jefferson to allow the unprotected Virginia legislature to escape.

The legislature scattered then met up in Staunton a few days later to make Thomas Nelson the governor replacing Jefferson, hence the Nelson County High School Governors.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Vombatus

I am ashamed to say I learned something tonight. Great posts, Jake!

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Obligatory "I blame soccer" post. Carry on.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Vombatus

And Ruben.

expendable and Liut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted