1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adult summer camp (for millennials)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Millennials go up to about 30 years old.

One time at millennial camp ...

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Seattle!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

As much as I wanna' shit on this (And I so so so do) I do like the idea that it's alcohol and smart phone free. It means the attendees actually *snicker* talk. That's not a bad thing. And how is this any different than a group of bros tearing off to Vegas or Cancun for a long weekend?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law attended one of these outside of LA a couple of weeks ago. Booze was definitely a part of it. It looked like a lot of fun, with a lot of adventure type activities - climbing, ropes courses, Spartan-type racing, etc., - and a healthy mix of socializing, drinking and eating.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And fucking. Lots of fucking.

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

You just said the difference: no alcohol or smartphones.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Actually sounds pretty fun. Can we do an SJ.com summer camp in Tahoe?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And the two biggest contributing factors to male douchiness are alcohol and smartphones.

Like I said, I really wanna' hate this but it's only four days and it doesn't seem excessively priced. If these precious little fuckers were going away for three weeks as Mom and Dad plunked down $10,000 or something that would be a different story.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I saw one of these on Shark Tank. I think it was called Camp No Counselors. They have them set up in several cities. The guy running it actually got a deal, I believe, but I'm not sure with which Shark.

My first thought was that it looked like fun, but I remember it being pretty pricey for what is essentially a camping weekend. I also thought it would be a good way to meet women if I were still single.

Draft saved Draft deleted