1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Does anyone listen to Invisabilia? I tried one episode and liked it.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. Two VERY long drives ahead so these will help there along with the walks.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Pardon my Take

JackReacher likes this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

Comedy Bang Bang -- comedy, improv
    Spontaneanation -- comedy, improv, hosted by Paul F. Tompkins
    Superego -- comedy, improv (could not recommend more highly -- more than a little genius at work here)
    How Did This Get Made -- Funny folks discussing bad moviews (maybe start with Bloodsport episode)
    The Dollop -- One comedian tells another a story from American history (start with No. 5 on Hugh Glass or No. 12 on Rube Waddell)
    The Crabfeast -- Two funny comedians have on another comedian, who tells a few funny stories from his/her life (start with a Wil Anderson episode)
    Dead Authors Podcast -- Paul F. Tompkins as H.G. Wells interviews comedians playing famous dead authors (start with L. Ron Hubbard episodes)
    The Dana Gould Hour -- Comedian and friends talk at length about that week's topic (always really good and interesting)
    I also listen to the Tony Kornheiser radio show each day -- it's posted as a podcast right after the show each day and will be leaving radio for only podcast form soon

There are others I pop in on from time to time: Bill Simmons', Zach Lowe, Nerdist, Radiolab, Kevin Pollak, Bill Burr,

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. Liked it a lot. Wish there were more.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think it's on hiatus now, but I've been meaning to go through the archives and listen to some of The Indoor Kids.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I might check that out. Do have an ETA?

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Do not listen to West Wing. It is so dreadful I couldn't get through one episode.

Killick likes this.
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Once I get equipment, a partner, work ethic, and a way to make money off it, it's on! What's your email address? I'll be sending out updates soon.

Dyno likes this.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

BYH@sandy&kellyD.net

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Most of my standbys have been mentioned (Nerdist, WTF, Pete Holmes, etc.), but I'd also throw in Kevin Pollak's podcast. It's usually good for a few chuckles. He insists guests finish by playing "The Larry King Game," which consists of their worst impersonation, the obligatory funny city name and a personal divulgence from "Larry" that's TMI.

(Like...
    )

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If you're into inappropriate humor, then the back archive of Norm Macdonald's podcast is worth checking out - Horribly inappropriate jokes. Gilbert Gottfried can also be good, although it's oddly focused almost entirely on really old Hollywood.

Draft saved Draft deleted