1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Apologies for my role in the demise of the gator thread. I'm hoping this can be a catch-all for discussing the sad, strange events in the city this week. I'll back away if need be. I don't want to be the reason we can't debate important news events.

JackReacher likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is it safe?

heyabbott likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

And the demise of this one has begun.

Murder in broad daylight, mass terrorism, the death of a toddler - and the first things to go up are jokes. I miss the SJ of old, when people debated but rarely resorted to "FU" and it took several pages before the juvenile actions started. The ease of posting meme shit has added to the downfall, too. Seriously, people. Many of you worked in journalism. Why do you need some stupid-ass cut and paste to express yourself?

I don't read much of this these days and I rarely post. I don't see the point. Reasonable posts get lost in the pissing matches and it's not worth it to wade through.

I'll stop casting my pearls before swine now.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It did take several pages.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is the fourth or fifth thread about Orlando. There is nothing here to demise.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SJ.com, where all that ails us will be cured through discussion!

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I figured the story of the 49 Latinos killed would have a much longer news cycle but the
    alligator story has now taken the lead.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

@KJIM: You're not wrong, but it's more than SJ.com. Go anywhere on the Internet. The world is a bitter, angry, hate-filled place. Especially America.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

KJIM's "halcyon days" SJ.com did not exist.

YankeeFan and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This also is true. The site wasn't around in the 1960s or 1970s, when newspapers actually mattered.

Sorry. My negative attitude from my shop occasionally leaks over.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

The highlight of SJ.com was when a poster who told someone to kill themselves left because others were "mean" to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted