1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ Simpson: Made In America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

All thoughts, critiques, praises and rememberances can be placed here.

Two episodes down. OJ was just as rotten a human being as I remember him. The LA riots, seeing that again...the militarization of the police is in part a response to that event.

Interesting stuff.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Was this the show on the trial ?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Had no idea OJ's father was gay.
    Interesting that OJ played for USC during the civil rights movement and wanted no parts of it because, "I'm not black; I'm OJ."
    I wish they hadn't glossed over his first marriage. He was married when he met Nicole. What happened there?
    Had no idea Nicole was seeing Marcus Allen.

This will probably go down as 30 for 30's best work. Easily.

Hokie_pokie and Tweener like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they're coming back to that. There was a lot of talk around the trial about him raising hands toward Marguerite.

That was somewhat well-known at the time, right? I remember Marcus at the end of his career having a standing "No questions about OJ and Nicole" rule.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Gates already had militarized the police before the Rodney King riots.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The Marcus-and-Nicole thing was hit on pretty heavily last night. Awwwwwkward.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think OJ watching Nicole have sex through a window wins the awkward award.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

No, that was "The People vs. O.J. Simpson." This is a 30 for 30.

9. Earthman

Thx - did not realize there was a 30 for 30

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's no Tommy Tutone ...

Screen shot 2016-06-15 at 11.02.11 AM.png

11. Earthman

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

IMHO the OJ case, from Bronco thru Acquittal, was the tipping point in the ultimate decline and fall of post WWII America. The racial animosity generated has gotten worse and the sides have become entrenched. The parties could not have known it but Cochran and associates played that race card so hard and often to acquit a guilty man that we can never recover. White Anerica deserves more blame than Cochran, who was an unwitting accomplice. Racist Anerica didn't give him the race card, they gave him the whole deck. And he played every card with relish and glee.

Lance Ito however is the worst human involved in the entire affair. Worse than OJ. OJ was true to his character but Ito had the power to be an adult and abdicated that role. Fuck him forever.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted