1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's this different?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TexasVet, Jun 8, 2016.

1. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

How's an ESPN writer posting a photo of his ticket to a Muhammed Ali memorial service different than the reporter who posted a photo of his media credential to the Final Four? Other than the fact it's ESPN and they think they're above everything.

Screenshot 2016-06-08 07.53.26.png

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Because it's the same ticket given out to anyone in the general public?

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Are there any regulations on the back of the ticket that prohibit posting pictures of it online?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

The NCAA is in charge of its credentials. If they don't want photos that make counterfeiting easier, that's their right.

Do you want a uniform policy where all tickets/credentials to all events in all countries have the same rules? A little oversimplified, no?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

I don't know. I don't have a ticket. But if I did, I wouldn't be flashing it on the web just like I wouldn't a press pass. It's the professionalism that goes back to it.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

ESPN is entitled to employ assclowns like the rest of the world.

Tweener likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, now you know where he's going to be sitting, so you can take it up with him.

But it's not a credential, it's an old-fashioned printed ticket. I think the NCAA particularly is concerned with credentials because if you are a bad guy and can duplicate one of those, you can get to a lot of place the public can't.

So a media credential is worth a lot to someone out for a good time or someone with bad intentions.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It would be a real shame of Arash didn't get to cover future Muhammed Ali funerals.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Calling it a golden ticket is fairly classless, but it's not to hard to see the difference between this and the NCAA thing.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Golden ticket? Is it being held in a chocolate factory? Maybe don't seem excited about going to someone's funeral.

Edit: Jake beat me to it.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah golden ticket, just like Willie Wonka. Is this jerkoff Arash an on-air guy?

edit: missed the 'senior writer'

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No, just the KFC/Yum! Center, which is much classier than Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Tweener and TyWebb like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted