1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP the Tony Kornheiser Show?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Leaving DC's ESPN 980 at the end of June after 20 years:

ESPN 980 - Home of the Redskins and First in DC Sports

He's apparently launching a podcast in September. Wonder if Gary, Nigel and the gang are coming with him, though?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The new clock stinks!

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I bet he's going with Simmons
    LaCanfora, Neil Greenberg, Jr Feinstein are all barred from his radio show and it pissd him off.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No way he could stay on PTI if he went with Simmons, and while he loves radio more than TV, the money's not even close.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Reginald and Courtney?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reginald and Gretchen Woo

Huggy likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I used to be a huge fan and daily listener, but I haven't bothered in two or three years. The "angry old man whining about sports he doesn't watch" thing just got old. Being a radio host who dabbles into politics and pop culture who no longer bothers to keep up with sports, politics or pop culture just isn't funny after a while.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I was a daily listener when he was on ESPN Radio and did the 'Internet Show' during breaks.

It was such a disappointment the days the 'Internet Show' was on hiatus, for whatever reason.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. John

John Well-Known Member

It's already a podcast for me so hopefully nothing will really change with the new format. When the show is good, which is often, it's really, really good.

A little less Cillizza would be nice, though.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I haven't listened much since moving away. When I lived down there, he'd often be alongside in the car. I like his show, just not enough to seek it out on 980's crappy website.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why do you need the 980 site to listen to it?

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Been listening to the shortened show as a podcast for years. I'll miss him keeping me company. I'll have to read my own emails and write my own song parodies now.

Draft saved Draft deleted