1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Daniels Speaks His Mind

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Earthman, May 29, 2016.

1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He supported Carter. He did the song "Uneasy Rider"

What changed since then?

And why didn't he fatally OD before it happened?

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I love how these guys still cling to this long-ago outdated myth that rural red state America is chock full of swamp folk, mountain men and "country boys who can survive." Such a crock, the regions where he thinks these he-men dwell are actually the most obese, remote control-dependent, junk food garbling, indoor couch potato-laden we've got.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Do you stereotype often?

SpeedTchr, Batman and cjericho like this.
  5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It's not mere stereotyping to point out that our more rural and politically-red areas are disproportionately prone to obesity and the sort of health-problems caused by being a lazy junk food-addicted couch potato. Instead, it's stating a factual relationship well backed and proven by public health statistics.

Which seems odd considering how those folks are reportedly living in the wild by running trout lines, picking berries and wrestling alligators---at least that's what guys like Charlie and Bocephus tell me.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

But Stoney ... we've got GUNS and we love FREE-DUM!!!!

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Here's his follow-up:

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Those fat red-state bastards would stomp a mudhole in you and walk it dry, Stoney.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That might be, but it does not mean that they're Mountain Men. It especially does not mean that they have a single clue about outdoor skills in the desert, or the Afghan mountains. It's not too bad if you have a base camp and helicopters are bringing you resupply, but getting out there and playing tag with the Pashtuns in those mountains is a whole different animal.

10. Vombatus

How many doomsday shelters have been built in urban and suburban areas? When you get nuked or chem-bio attacked, don't come to us for food. We have plenty of guns and ammo.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Most of the good old boys I know who would be able and willing to do a mudhole number on you are about as much Mountain Men as a Mexican in East L.A.

Mountain Men were pretty damn rare when there *were* Mountain Men.

Not that there aren't plenty of good old boys who live out in the sticks or country boys who live in town, but most of the keyboard guerillas I see on the 'puter are pretty damn urban, and think that food comes from Publix.

12. Vombatus

We are stockpiling, man. You ever been to the Food4Patriots website?

We must not allow a mineshaft gap!

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted