1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Toronto

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, May 18, 2016.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Making a very impromptu trip to Toronto in the AM since I'm staying a couple hours away. Last time I was there was with some of you jerk faces, and I don't remember much because beer (and Jones trying to get me to drink myself to death). Have done Hockey Hall, haven't done CN Tower. St. Lawrence Market has been recommended a couple places in a quick round of research. Park in the city, or park in the burbs and train it in? Any other tips?

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I work next to the Air Canada Centre and parking down here is a gongshow, and not cheap. If you can park in the burbs and take the subway or GO train right to Union Station that is a much better alternative.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Fly likes this.
  3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

If you're big into beer and have the time, hit up Bar Volo. One of the best beer bars anywhere - it's closing in September due to losing their lease. It's on Yonge.

And I echo my brother Huggy's sentiment on parking/driving anywhere in the Big Smoke - if you can use TTC/GO do so.

Huggy likes this.
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Jays are at home tonight too, that adds to the congestion...

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

CN Tower is stupid expensive but a nice view. They've just opened Ripley's Aquarium next to the Tower and I've heard good things about it.

As a reminder, the door girl was at the Irish Embassy on Yonge Street. ;)

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There is no way I could forget that. They gave me a strange look when I asked if the door girl from July 2006 still worked here.

Attached Files:

HC likes this.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I could be there in two minutes!

Draft saved Draft deleted