1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anthony Kiedis (alive for now) ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 15, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hospitalized with illness. Chili Peppers cancel concert.

Been a rough year for the music world. Is Anthony next?

Spent an hour watching this yesterday ...

... before reading the news today.

(CNN) Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis has been hospitalized, according to members of his band.

The band also canceled their headlining performance Saturday night at a concert put on by KROQ, one of Los Angeles' most popular radio stations.

Chili Peppers bass player Flea announced the news on stage.

2. Songbird

3. Songbird

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about him blowing a hole into his foot in Point Break.

Batman likes this.
  5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

After reading his book I am shocked he is still alive. Wonder if he is off the wagon or has a disease from his needle days caught up to him.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You know, it's a huge leap from "hospitalized with illness" to implying he's next on the death list and only "alive for now." Do you have a link that confirms or supports the notion that his condition is, in fact, that dire?

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Great. Another fucking round of tributes on my Facebook by poor souls reliving their adolescence. Get a life.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Confirming facts?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Their new single is far, far better than I had any reasonable expectation for.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it doesn't seem that unreasonable that a 50-year-old man may need the occasional medical treatment.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hospitalized, and forced to cancel a concert at the last minute? A guy who's struggled with addiction?

There's no surprise that someone might assume it's a serious issue.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It very well could be. But the other possibility is well within the range of likely possibilities, as well. It was reportedly stomach pain. Could be gall stones or appendicitis.

Draft saved Draft deleted