1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad beats son's ass, posts video of it on social media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 3, 2016.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Who are you to question the family's culture?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I guess they need to go and make arrests at every single boxing gym in America.

4. Mr. Sunshine

A bit of a difference between that and beating up a minor for "disciplinary" reasons.

5. MisterCreosote

If you listen carefully, Dad doesn't even care that the kid cut school. He's mad because the kid didn't tell him he was doing so beforehand.

6. Mr. Sunshine

99.9 percent this guy beats his wife/girlfriend, and 99.9 percent chance the "lesson" the kid learns is that it's OK to bully everyone around you.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You don't see a difference? Or, did you once again not read the article?

8. MisterCreosote

I recently had a moment of clarity involving corporal punishment.

My son developed an issue with hitting/slapping people, including me. He slapped me one day, and I responded by gently spanking his butt and yelling, "No!" Being a shithead toddler, he slapped me again, to which I again responded with a harder, but still pretty gentle spank on his butt.

Then I realized how fucking stupid that is. I'm forever shamed for thinking hitting a toddler was a good way to teach him to not hit anyone.

Donny in his element, Ace and HC like this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Best to leave it to the teachers to do the spanking.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Exactly how my brother-in-law ended up agreeing with my sister that they would never hit their boys. And they have raised two exceptionally fine young men. :cool:

MisterCreosote likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Congratulations. You just justified every incidence of domestic violence in America.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't see why some here seem to have a problem with this.

According to the father:

• He was teaching his son discipline
    • Showing him how to defend himself (I assume from vice principals who might try to deter him from skipping school)
    • It's not our place to judge how a man takes care of business in his house
    These are pretty typical reasons people give for hitting their kids, so if you think he's wrong, perhaps others are as well.

BDC99 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted