1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy cow: Dana Stubblefield accused of raping disabled woman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, May 3, 2016.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

"When the victim told police that Stubblefield told her he once played for a Kansas team that had a winning record, investigators began to call in experts to determine diminished capacity."

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Guy has been in all kinds of trouble for years. Probably concussions.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That defensive line he played on at KU was ridiculously good. But like Aqib Talib, that kind of talent doesn't usually choose KU unless others are passing for some reason.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

20-year-old incident comes to light.

The officer could not determine if the woman's lip was swollen. In the report, the officer wrote "I could see that her lip was not cut or scraped."

Stubblefield told the officer he had become upset when his girlfriend tried to feed the baby because "she didn't need to be fed at that time of the morning." He told police he kicked his girlfriend to keep her away from the baby, the report says.

Ex-49er Dana Stubblefield once told police he kicked girlfriend to stop her from feeding newborn

This is different from the previous spousal assault case in Washington (though apparently with the same woman, whom he later married) or the stalking/harassment case in 2009 involving a later girlfriend.

Swell guy.

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

What does developmentally disabled mean?

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Remember when Eddie D was going to sully the Niners' legacy?

LongTimeListener and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Broadly speaking, it's the preferred nomenclature for the R word. The League referred to it as "frittata."

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Less than a 100 IQ I suspect.

So defense is that he got a BJ from someone who has an IQ of less than 100, while married, then gave her $80 out of the goodness of his heart. I'm glad I'm not his spouse being forced to sit next to him as a show of support less than 24 hrs learning that your supposed faithful spouse had "consensual" sex and never told you.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

100 IQ is average.

According to this, mild mental retardation is an IQ of 50/55 to 70. Borderline intellectual functioning is 71-85.

IQ Classifications - AssessmentPsychology.com

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You should post this in the cheats at golf thread.

three_bags_full likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? I didn't see the wife at the press conference. Stories all said she filed for divorce a few months ago. Since the incident happened in April 2015, it seems likely she has known about it for some time and the divorce filing would be related to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted