1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The N in ESPN about to stand for nobody

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 1, 2016.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Getting rid of all the crusty white folk.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning's available now, right?

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The number of former NFL players that ESPN has on is strange to me. How can they justify the expense of all of them? Do they pay them nothing?

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I've never been a knee-jerk ESPN hater, but they are not adjusting well to the new TV landscape. The daytime lineup is garbage, and even previously strong programs like BBTN are just 90 percent "analysis" from people no one cares about. ESPN is going the way of MTV.

Vombatus and Riptide like this.
  6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

ESPN should bring back Martha Quinn.

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

MLB network kills ESPN's baseball coverage. Too many jocks on NFL to make it interesting

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

ESPN is in the same place newspapers were circa 1995 or so...on the cusp of seeing the Internet crush them.

Other than being the sole outlet for a particular live game (which you can also watch on their app), there's really nothing ESPN offers that you can't find on your schedule on the same device on which you're reading these words.

If I'm John Skipper, over the next few months the only thing I'm doing all day is cutting, cutting, cutting.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Dilfer will land with the Niners

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There isn't a talker on ESPN who is a difference maker. Cut 'em all.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ESPN is the greatest corporate in-house publication. Uncritical. On-message. Non-controversial.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, Dilfer is easily one of the better former athletes they have hired.

Draft saved Draft deleted