1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nobody Puts Bey in a Corner ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Fans have long suspected trouble in paradise in the Carter-Knowles home. The Jay Z infidelity rumors finally came to a head at a Met Ball after-party on May 5, 2014, when protective sister Solange physically lashed out at her brother-in-law in an elevator, all while Beyoncé quietly watched. Later reports indicated that Solange might have been expressing some aggression over Jay Z’s “too close for comfort” friendship with designer Rachel Roy, the ex-wife of his ex-pal Damon Dash, and Solange was spotted giving Roy a piece of her mind at the aforementioned after-party. Bey and Jay’s 12-year relationship has been riddled with similar reports of infidelity, with mysterious sources and tabloids listing alleged mistresses from Rita Ora to Rihanna.

Well, Beyoncé isn’t standing quietly in the corner any longer.

Lemonade, Beyoncé’s mysterious Saturday night HBO drop, is a surprise visual album unlike any other (and she would know…she invented the surprise visual album). The hour-long, deeply immersive experience is split into 11 “songs.” The air quotes indicate my inability to confidently label them as such—each song, beginning with spoken word verses that read like poetry or prophecy—is more like a chapter, as befitting this genre-bending masterpiece. The drama unfolds fairly linearly, outlining Beyoncé’s evolution from jealousy to suspicion to outright war

Beyoncé Calls Out Jay Z’s Cheating in ‘Lemonade,’ A Celebration of Black Girl Magic

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That'll teach him.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Be careful how you write about her!

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The best part of this is some of her fans confused the woman with Rachael Ray and started lashing out at her.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bey has put the Raiders and Steelers in a few corners with his drops.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I "Don't" plan to read past this bit of douchbaggery. What a putz.

Screenshot_2016-04-24-19-10-52-1.png

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

LOL.

The amount of worry and emotional protection afforded Beyoncé is akin to that afforded a royal.

The singer has long struck me as a kind of a dimwit who tried to act, but didn't have the aptitude to keep getting jobs and has since turned to Kanyesque performance Art tricks to stay relevant.

Songbird and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He writes like Oswald Bates spoke

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I swear, GQ could be mistaken for parody a good portion of the time:

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Damn. Thought this thread was about Richard Bey's show returning.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Stupid.

Read the whole thing and not one mention of Richard Bey.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You've gotta be shitting me.

Draft saved Draft deleted