1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing-to-hide guy has something to hide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 29, 2016.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In-depth interview with Chris Colabello, suspended from MLB because of a positive PED test.

All throughout Colabello says he has no idea how the drug got in his system. Twice he says he has nothing to hide, he even came in early for the drug test. Claims that he doesn't meet the profile of a PED user (even though those stereotypes are wrong as most PED users suspended by MLB are more physically like Colabello than Barry Bonds). He turns down protein bars if he can't be sure what's in them. Much like OJ, he's committed himself to finding the real reason behind this.

Experts quoted in the story say there's pretty much no way the drug could be in his system without Colabello having orally taken it. Only real question is did he knowingly ingest it.

Things like this are why Stephen A. Smith says he has to eonder if Jake Arrietta is on roids.

I think all these types of PEDs should be allowed and regulated by team doctors. But if nothing-to-his guy was violating the current rules, too bad.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm totally tired of the argument. I see PEDs no differently than I see better shoes in all sports, or franchises at higher altitudes that inflate home run totals over those pre-1965, or graphite woods in golf.

My high school team would beat Bronko Nagurski's high school team 56-0, and I have no problem with it.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You're just there for the halftime show anyway, right?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Considering that most of them are likely dead, you may want to bet the over.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Assuming this is the Sportsnet interview you're referencing. Colabello teared up a few times. He also threw the Blue Jays training staff under the bus. "Everything I use, they gave me!" or something to that extent.

I look forward to his search for the real reason he was found with drugs in his system.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remember kids, always drink your energy smoothies through a mask that looks like you swiped it off one of the Kaiser's boys a century ago.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted