1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I don't want to clutter the offseason thread. I know the televised spectacle isn't for everyone, but it's a welcome fix for junkies like me. So tie off and enjoy!

2. Mr. Sunshine

The first two picks are a given, and I suspect the Chargers will take Tunsil. It's the Cowboys' pick at 4 where things will start to get interesting. I think they'd be wise to grab Elliott. Plug him behind that line with a healthy Romo and Dallas will win the East easily.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The first two picks are a given, but in what order? Goff first, I imagine?

4. Mr. Sunshine

The NFL demanding no leaks on the top pick worked out well. I'd guess Goff, too. I don't see either as close to can't-miss, but if you're the Rams, no way you start your new era in the big city with an FCS guy from North Dakota.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I could see that, but the Chargers could really use the help on defense. I'm thinking they go with Ramsey.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The part in bold is the problematic part.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Goff is a -1500 favorite to go first overall. Adjust your mock draft accordingly.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So much garbage talk the last 48 hours before the draft. Suddenly, players are moving up and down for no reason whatsoever.

I've seen Tunsil, Ramsey, Stanley, and Buckner going to the Chargers. Who the fuck knows? This is a very difficult draft to mock, if you're a degen like me and participate in pools.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Of course, and his injury is the only reason they're drafting so high. But they're a very talented team that has the rare chance to make a splash and grab a dynamic player.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This makes me laugh every time. It is from the wikipedia page for Goff's dad:

Jerry Leroy Goff (born April 12, 1964) is a former Major League Baseball player. Primarily a catcher, Goff was listed at 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) and 207 pounds. He batted left and threw right.

Cal pitcher Ren Thompson is credited with giving Goff the nickname "Jack".

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rams not tipping their hand:

This has become a thing the last couple of years. I remember years ago, the team with the No. 1 overall pick would already have a deal in place with the player a day or two before the draft. Is the league/TV officially discouraging such pre-arrangements or has the rookie salary scale made that unnecessary?

12. Mr. Sunshine

The league told the Rams to keep it quite to keep the interest high.

Draft saved Draft deleted