1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Fires Curt Schilling for Anti-Transgender Comments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Curt, Curt. Come on, man. If you're gonna offer social commentary, just tell women not to get themselves beaten up. Or be a shitty NBA "insider."

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Ordinarily, I'd be concerned about Schilling being made a martyr for political correctness. But as a Rhode Island taxpayer...screw that.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm sure Fox News will have a spot for him.

Tweener and Lugnuts like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The free market continues to speak on the issues of gays.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Next time, just couch it in religious mumbo jumbo. And be black.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It ain't that tough to learn that once you are suspended for violating the policy on political speech TWICE that you should probably just keep it among your friends. I have zero sympathy for this asshole.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Did he actually make a comment or did he just share the stupid meme without comment?

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How many chances does ESPN need to give him? He says something extrordinarily stupid every few months, like clockwork. They have every right to dump his sorry ass.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Correct. A policy was put into place, largely because of him, and he can't abide by it. So long.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Under the NC law supported by Schilling, huge bulldyke lesbians can still storm into the bathrooms, leap over the walls of the stalls, and grab your sweet little daughter.

As long as they're not crossdressers.

Actually, I think leaping over the walls of bathroom stalls is already illegal, regardless of your gender.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Schilling knew exactly what he was doing, probably figured his contract wouldn't be renewed anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted