1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bomani Jones wearing "Caucasians/Indians" T-shirt on Mike and Mike

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CD Boogie, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Cheap post.

2. Let's chill with the name calling.

Boogie made it clear he doesn't respect Bo. Which is his opinion. Then listed two black writers he respected to make such a statement. One of whom is dead. I questioned it. I'm sorry, I don't see it as "cheap".

3. Yeah. Let's not do the name calling.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Bo? You guys tight?

5. We're cool. He's a colleague.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's cheap because you wrote those were the "only" two he could name.

You haven't named any on this thread. What's that tell us? Not a damn thing.

7. I didn't have a problem with Bomani doing it. I could also think of 30 black writers, I would respect to make such a statement. My comment was more about the industry and lack of black columnists, radio hosts and opinion drivers.

I'm not trying to argue. So I'll apologize for offending Alma & Boogie. And go create.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If you name 30, Bo would rank on that list about where Sam Bradford ranks among starting NFL QBs.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm not offended.

Agreed, there aren't enough black writers, radio hosts, columnists and opinion drivers, particularly in mid-major markets, particularly covering college beats. You go to a NCAA Tournament site and it might be 100 percent white in the media pool.

10. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

ESPN is remarkable for having diverse on-air talent. I do miss Page 2, they gave space to unconventional journalists.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Lugnuts and Songbird like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2 women (one leading), 2 blacks, Legler.

[​IMG]

Indian guy and black guy.

[​IMG]

A woman at the center of 4 black men.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted